INDIA: Britannia Industries H1 profits climb
Indian food giant Britannia Industries has recorded an increase in first-half earnings.
The bakery and dairy group reported earnings of INR89.05bn (US$1.63bn) in the six months to the end of September, compared to INR79.65bn a year earlier. Operating profit climbed 28.6% to INR119.5m.
Sales in the period reached INR2.64tr versus INR2.40tr last year.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Nestle to acquire remaining stake in Osem
- Nestle to invests in French infant formula plant