INDIA: Britannia Industries H1 profits climb
Indian food giant Britannia Industries has recorded an increase in first-half earnings.
The bakery and dairy group reported earnings of INR89.05bn (US$1.63bn) in the six months to the end of September, compared to INR79.65bn a year earlier. Operating profit climbed 28.6% to INR119.5m.
Sales in the period reached INR2.64tr versus INR2.40tr last year.
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims
- US performance weighs on General Mills