INDIA: Britannia Industries H1 profits climb
Indian food giant Britannia Industries has recorded an increase in first-half earnings.
The bakery and dairy group reported earnings of INR89.05bn (US$1.63bn) in the six months to the end of September, compared to INR79.65bn a year earlier. Operating profit climbed 28.6% to INR119.5m.
Sales in the period reached INR2.64tr versus INR2.40tr last year.
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Kerry Foods sets its sights on C-sector
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations