INDIA: Britannia Q3 profit rises
- Net profit up 5.3%
- Sales rise to INR14.9bn
Britannia sees sales, profits rise
Indian food group Britannia Industries has booked an increase in sales and profits in its third quarter.
The biscuit manufacturer said yesterday (11 February) its net profit increased to INR569.6m for the three months to the end of December, a gain of 5.4% in the comparable period of last year.
In a notice to the Bombay stock exchange, Britannia revealed the higher profits were driven by a rise in net sales, which increased to INR14.9bn in the three months to 31 December, up from INR12.62bn.
Shares in Britannia rose 2.57% following the announcement.
Announces Q3 results, Results Press Release & Auditor's Report for the Quarter ended December 31, 2012
Britannia Industries Ltd has announced the following results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012:
The Audited results for the Quarter ended December 31, 2012
The Company has posted a net profit of Rs. 569.60 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 as compared to Rs. 540.70 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011. Total Income has increased from Rs. 12622.40 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011 to Rs. 14789.80 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Original source: Britannia Industries
Indian food group Britannia Industries has booked higher net profit for fiscal 2012/13, boosted by higher sales....
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report