INDIA: Britannia Q3 profit rises
- Net profit up 5.3%
- Sales rise to INR14.9bn
Britannia sees sales, profits rise
Indian food group Britannia Industries has booked an increase in sales and profits in its third quarter.
The biscuit manufacturer said yesterday (11 February) its net profit increased to INR569.6m for the three months to the end of December, a gain of 5.4% in the comparable period of last year.
In a notice to the Bombay stock exchange, Britannia revealed the higher profits were driven by a rise in net sales, which increased to INR14.9bn in the three months to 31 December, up from INR12.62bn.
Shares in Britannia rose 2.57% following the announcement.
Announces Q3 results, Results Press Release & Auditor's Report for the Quarter ended December 31, 2012
Britannia Industries Ltd has announced the following results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012:
The Audited results for the Quarter ended December 31, 2012
The Company has posted a net profit of Rs. 569.60 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 as compared to Rs. 540.70 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011. Total Income has increased from Rs. 12622.40 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011 to Rs. 14789.80 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Original source: Britannia Industries
Indian food group Britannia Industries has booked higher net profit for fiscal 2012/13, boosted by higher sales....
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- How Russia's embargo affects domestic firms
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Mondelez launches Oreo Thins in US
- Leclerc to contest ruling on supplier payments
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- UK's first free range milk label launched
- Nestlé SA in Packaged Food: Confectionery, Ice Cream, Sauces, Dressings and Condiments (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: News and Events April 2015