INDIA: Britannia Q3 profit rises
- Net profit up 5.3%
- Sales rise to INR14.9bn
Britannia sees sales, profits rise
Indian food group Britannia Industries has booked an increase in sales and profits in its third quarter.
The biscuit manufacturer said yesterday (11 February) its net profit increased to INR569.6m for the three months to the end of December, a gain of 5.4% in the comparable period of last year.
In a notice to the Bombay stock exchange, Britannia revealed the higher profits were driven by a rise in net sales, which increased to INR14.9bn in the three months to 31 December, up from INR12.62bn.
Shares in Britannia rose 2.57% following the announcement.
Announces Q3 results, Results Press Release & Auditor's Report for the Quarter ended December 31, 2012
Britannia Industries Ltd has announced the following results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012:
The Audited results for the Quarter ended December 31, 2012
The Company has posted a net profit of Rs. 569.60 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 as compared to Rs. 540.70 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011. Total Income has increased from Rs. 12622.40 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011 to Rs. 14789.80 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Original source: Britannia Industries
Indian food group Britannia Industries has booked higher net profit for fiscal 2012/13, boosted by higher sales....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016