INDIA: Britannia sales grow 6%, net 20% up
Turnover at Britannia Industries Ltd. , formerly a Nabisco affiliate, grew QoQ 6% from US$66m to US$70m, while profits rose 20% from US$2.7m to US$3.2m. Profits would have been higher, but for higher excise duties due to Britannia's shift to lower unit packs. Britannia is increasingly pushing small packs for new product launches to encourage impulse/trial buying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs