UK: British Pepper & Spice gets curried away
National Curry Day on 7th November is set to be a hot date in the diaries of the nation's curry lovers. The UK's largest curry blender, British Pepper & Spice (BP&S), has seen its sales of curry seasonings and powders grow by 10% as manufacturers prepare for an increase in demand.BP&S holds one major advantage over competitors with its unique position in the UK as a miller and blender of whole ingredients. With a dedicated curry plant including two mills and mixers, BP&S is able to produce more than fifteen tonnes of curry powder per day, which is supplied to manufacturers who serve some of the nation's 9 million curry home cooks and 7,500 Indian restaurants*.And because BP&S uses whole ingredients such as cardamom, cumin and coriander to make its curry blends, it retains the freshness and authenticity of traditional curry powders allowing it to match each customer's requirements when it comes to creating tailor-made solutions. "We are very aware that consumers have a growing appetite for the flavours of curry," said Ian Kelland, sales and marketing director of BP&S. "Much of this stems from the diversity of ethnic cultures offering restaurant and takeaway menus. In fact, one quarter of adults in the UK now regularly buy curry takeaways. For manufacturers interested in finding out how British Pepper & Spice can enhance their business, please contact
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report