UK: British Pepper & Spice put it all in the bag!
British Pepper & Spice, the UK's leading supplier in retailer brand herbs and spices, has used its ingredients expertise to create its own brand, Bake in the Bag, a seasonings product for chicken featuring a roasting bag. Aimed at busy housewives with children, it was launched in early June with a £1 million marketing support package including a TV advertising campaign and celebrity endorsement from TV chef, James Martin. Launched under the Reasons to Season umbrella brand name, the product is available in three varieties, Garlic and Herb, Barbecue and Cajun. Each pack comes with a sachet of seasoning mix, a roasting bag and tie. All consumers have to do is place chicken pieces in the baking bag with the sachet contents, shake it evenly to coat the chicken and cook on a baking tray for 40 minutes. "The secret is all in the bag", according to Ian Kelland, marketing director at British Pepper & Spice. "Baking chicken in the bag will give restaurant style quality as the bag seals in the flavour by marinating and tenderising the meat as it cooks. It can be cooked, in 40 minutes, just a fraction of the usual preparation time for such results. And no mess or cleaning up afterwards. We expect this product to appeal to busy Mums for simple and delicious everyday meals."Available in major retailers from early June, the packs will typically retail at £1.29. The launch packs will feature a consumer leaflet with more product information and recipe ideas.For further information, photography or samples, please contact:Elaine Elliott/Cath McFadden, British Pepper & Spice Press Office Tel: 020 7373 4537 Fax: 020 7373 3926
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review