UK: British pigs to benefit from new food chain initiative
A new food chain initiative launched by Dalehead Foods and Asda aims to see British pigs get heavier - but not fatter. The UK pig industry is constantly looking for initiatives to help producers increase market performance while improving animal health. The latest initiative is designed to enable producers to breed heavier pigs without the penalty of unwanted fat, reports meatnews.com. It could save the industry nearly £50m every year (US$77.1m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever