UK: British pigs to benefit from new food chain initiative
A new food chain initiative launched by Dalehead Foods and Asda aims to see British pigs get heavier - but not fatter. The UK pig industry is constantly looking for initiatives to help producers increase market performance while improving animal health. The latest initiative is designed to enable producers to breed heavier pigs without the penalty of unwanted fat, reports meatnews.com. It could save the industry nearly £50m every year (US$77.1m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth