UK: British pigs to benefit from new food chain initiative
A new food chain initiative launched by Dalehead Foods and Asda aims to see British pigs get heavier - but not fatter. The UK pig industry is constantly looking for initiatives to help producers increase market performance while improving animal health. The latest initiative is designed to enable producers to breed heavier pigs without the penalty of unwanted fat, reports meatnews.com. It could save the industry nearly £50m every year (US$77.1m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail