UK: British pigs to benefit from new food chain initiative
A new food chain initiative launched by Dalehead Foods and Asda aims to see British pigs get heavier - but not fatter. The UK pig industry is constantly looking for initiatives to help producers increase market performance while improving animal health. The latest initiative is designed to enable producers to breed heavier pigs without the penalty of unwanted fat, reports meatnews.com. It could save the industry nearly £50m every year (US$77.1m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"