EU: Brussels clears DuPont's move for Danisco
DuPont gets go-ahead for Danisco buy
Last week, DuPont pushed back the deadline for Danisco shareholders to accept its US$5.8bn takeover bid as EU and Chinese regulators studied the deal.
DuPont had already received regulatory clearance in the US but is still waiting on authorities in China to give their verdict.
However, DuPont chair and CEO Ellen Kullman said approval from Brussels was "one of the last important milestones" for the deal.
"Only Chinese approval now remains as a regulatory condition of closing. We remain confident that Danisco shareholders will follow their board's recommendation to accept our premium cash offer and the transaction will be completed later this month," Kullman said.
Danisco shareholders have until 29 April to accept DuPont's bid. At the close of business on 29 March, around 6% of the outstanding shares in Danisco have been tendered in favour of the offer.
DuPont has indicated that it would only proceed with the transaction if 90% or more of shareholders tendered their shares.
Since the bid was made, reports in Denmark have suggested that not all Danisco shareholders believe the DuPont offer adequately values the food ingredients maker.
The owners of soy ingredients maker Solae have reportedly started to examine the options for the business....
just-food's insight pages were full of interviews and analysis this week. As Auchan's Sun Art Retail Group venture listed in Hong Kong, we looked at the growth of China's hypermarket sector. Our food ...
US conglomerate DuPont has refused to be drawn on reports that it and agribusiness giant Bunge are looking to sell their soy products venture Solae....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review