JAPAN: BSE cost farm industry ¥365bn
The Japanese farm ministry has estimated the cost of mad cow disease at more than ¥365bn (US$2.7bn) Kikuhito Sugata, director general of Japan's Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Ministry's agricultural production bureau was cited as saying yesterday [Thursday] that the estimated figure of ¥365bn includes damage to the farm industry and related industries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti