UK: Budgens/Somerfield - convenience pays off - COMMENT (Members)
UK grocery chains Somerfield and Budgens have both reported improved results for fiscal 2000-01. The UK grocery sector is looking up, and Budgens and Somerfield are seeing some of the benefits. Budgens has surpassed expectations, although a takeover by Ireland's Musgrave still looks likely. Somerfield has improved its results too - but it still has a lot left to prove. Unlike Budgens, the group doesn't seem to have found its own market niche.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods