UK: Budgens/Somerfield - convenience pays off - COMMENT (Members)
UK grocery chains Somerfield and Budgens have both reported improved results for fiscal 2000-01. The UK grocery sector is looking up, and Budgens and Somerfield are seeing some of the benefits. Budgens has surpassed expectations, although a takeover by Ireland's Musgrave still looks likely. Somerfield has improved its results too - but it still has a lot left to prove. Unlike Budgens, the group doesn't seem to have found its own market niche.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target