UK: Budget must be sensitive to Foot and Mouth catastrophe - NFU
The NFU is urging the Chancellor of the Exchequer to be especially sensitive to the impact of the Budget on the farming community while they are facing the catastrophe of foot and mouth disease. NFU President Ben Gill said: "Farmers are on the edge at the moment - scared, frustrated and anxious. Anything the Chancellor announces next week which adds to their burden could tip them over the edge."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"