USA: Buffets Announces Special Shareholder Meeting to Approve Merger
Buffets, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOCB) announced today that a special meeting of the shareholders of Buffets, Inc. will be held on September 28, 2000 at 9:00 a.m., local time, at the company's headquarters, 1460 Buffet Way, Eagan, Minnesota 55121. The purpose of the special meeting is to consider and vote upon a proposal to approve the Agreement and Plan of Merger among Buffets and affiliates of Caxton-Iseman Capital, Inc. Holders of Buffets' shares on August 25, 2000 are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting. Buffets shareholders will receive a proxy statement and information regarding the merger prior to the special meeting. The proxy statement is expected to be mailed to shareholders beginning today. Buffets, Inc. currently operates 404 restaurants (253 Old Country Buffet®, 127 HomeTown Buffet®, 12 Original Roadhouse Grill(SM), six Granny's Buffet®, three Tahoe Joe's Famous Steakhouses®, two Country Roadhouse Buffet & Grill®, and one Soup `N Salad Unlimited(SM) in 37 states, and franchises 24 buffet restaurants in 10 states. Buffets has filed a proxy statement and other relevant documents concerning the merger with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). WE URGE INVESTORS TO READ THE PROXY STATEMENT AND ANY OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS TO BE FILED WITH THE SEC, BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Investors will be able to obtain the documents free of charge at the SEC's web site,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report