USA/FRANCE: Bunge acquires Cereol, creates largest oilseed processor in the world
Agribusiness giant Bunge Ltd has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the 55% controlling stake in Cereol SA, a leading French oilseed processor, from Italian energy giant Edison for €449.2m (US$444.3m) in cash. As required by French law, Bunge intends to make a same-priced offer to buy the 45% of Cereol shares that will remain publicly held after the closing of its agreed 55% purchase.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins