USA/FRANCE: Bunge acquires Cereol, creates largest oilseed processor in the world
Agribusiness giant Bunge Ltd has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the 55% controlling stake in Cereol SA, a leading French oilseed processor, from Italian energy giant Edison for €449.2m (US$444.3m) in cash. As required by French law, Bunge intends to make a same-priced offer to buy the 45% of Cereol shares that will remain publicly held after the closing of its agreed 55% purchase.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK