CANADA: Bunge appoints Gerrand Canada MD
Bunge appoints Canada MD
Bunge has appointed Karl Gerrand as MD of its Canadian operations.
Gerrand comes to Bunge from Viterra and replaces retiring country head Rick Watson.
"During his 38-year career, Rick has helped Canada's oilseed industry grow from a small domestic business to a global powerhouse," said Soren Schroder, president and CEO, Bunge North America.
Gerrand was COO for Vitera's global processing. In this role he was responsible for 34 manufacturing facilities, Bunge said.
"We are pleased to have an experienced leader like Karl join the Bunge team," added Schroder. "With his track record of delivering strong results, Karl is the right choice to drive Bunge's growth plans for our Canadian operations."
Bunge Announces Leadership Changes in Canada
ST. LOUIS, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bunge North America, the North American operating arm of Bunge Limited (NYSE: BG), today announced a leadership transition for its Canadian operations. Richard "Rick" A. Watson, who has served as country manager since 2008, will retire effective March 31, 2013. With this change, Karl Gerrand will join Bunge from Viterra, Inc., as managing director, Canada. "During his 38-year career, Rick has helped Canada's oilseed industry grow from a small domestic business to a global powerhouse," said Soren Schroder, president and CEO, Bunge North America. "We appreciate the many contributions Rick made as he helped expand Bunge's business in Canada and we wish him all the best in retirement." Gerrand joins Bunge from Viterra, Inc., where he worked for eight years, most recently as chief operating officer of global processing operations. He was responsible for 34 manufacturing facilities with 1200 employees around the world that crushed oilseeds and produced feed ingredients, milled wheat, durum and oats, and manufactured malt and pasta. Prior to joining Viterra, Gerrand also served as co-founder and president of Can-Oat Milling, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saskatchewan Wheat Pool.
"We are pleased to have an experienced leader like Karl join the Bunge team," said Schroder. "With his track record of delivering strong results, Karl is the right choice to drive Bunge's growth plans for our Canadian operations."
Gerrand is active in industry associations, having served on the board of directors and on the executive committee of the North American Millers Association. He has a bachelor's degree from the University of Manitoba.
Original source: Bunge
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights