CANADA: Bunge appoints Gerrand Canada MD
Bunge appoints Canada MD
Bunge has appointed Karl Gerrand as MD of its Canadian operations.
Gerrand comes to Bunge from Viterra and replaces retiring country head Rick Watson.
"During his 38-year career, Rick has helped Canada's oilseed industry grow from a small domestic business to a global powerhouse," said Soren Schroder, president and CEO, Bunge North America.
Gerrand was COO for Vitera's global processing. In this role he was responsible for 34 manufacturing facilities, Bunge said.
"We are pleased to have an experienced leader like Karl join the Bunge team," added Schroder. "With his track record of delivering strong results, Karl is the right choice to drive Bunge's growth plans for our Canadian operations."
Bunge Announces Leadership Changes in Canada
ST. LOUIS, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bunge North America, the North American operating arm of Bunge Limited (NYSE: BG), today announced a leadership transition for its Canadian operations. Richard "Rick" A. Watson, who has served as country manager since 2008, will retire effective March 31, 2013. With this change, Karl Gerrand will join Bunge from Viterra, Inc., as managing director, Canada. "During his 38-year career, Rick has helped Canada's oilseed industry grow from a small domestic business to a global powerhouse," said Soren Schroder, president and CEO, Bunge North America. "We appreciate the many contributions Rick made as he helped expand Bunge's business in Canada and we wish him all the best in retirement." Gerrand joins Bunge from Viterra, Inc., where he worked for eight years, most recently as chief operating officer of global processing operations. He was responsible for 34 manufacturing facilities with 1200 employees around the world that crushed oilseeds and produced feed ingredients, milled wheat, durum and oats, and manufactured malt and pasta. Prior to joining Viterra, Gerrand also served as co-founder and president of Can-Oat Milling, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saskatchewan Wheat Pool.
"We are pleased to have an experienced leader like Karl join the Bunge team," said Schroder. "With his track record of delivering strong results, Karl is the right choice to drive Bunge's growth plans for our Canadian operations."
Gerrand is active in industry associations, having served on the board of directors and on the executive committee of the North American Millers Association. He has a bachelor's degree from the University of Manitoba.
Original source: Bunge
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020