FRANCE/USA: Bunge completes acquisition of Cereol, names CEO
US agribusiness and food company Bunge has completed its acquisition of a 55% stake in France-based food and oilseed processor Cereol from Edison for €449.2m (US$440.3m) in cash. As required by French law, Bunge intends to make an offer to purchase, at the same price of €32 per share, the approximately 45% of Cereol shares that remain publicly held. Assuming 100% of the outstanding shares are purchased as part of this process, the total price paid by Bunge for Cereol's equity will be €821.4m. In addition, Bunge may pay up to an additional €3 per share to Edison and Cereol shareholders upon the resolution of a pending arbitration against Cereol. Bunge has also agreed to pay an additional €14m to Edison in exchange for a non-compete agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review