FRANCE/USA: Bunge completes acquisition of Cereol
US agribusiness giant Bunge has announced that it has completed its takeover of French vegetable oil maker Cereol, and that Cereol has been delisted from the European stock exchange Euronext Paris. Bunge acquired a 55% stake in Cereol from Edison on 15 October 2002 for €449m (US$484.6m). In accordance with French law, the company then launched on 8 November a standing offer (garantie de cours) for all outstanding shares of Cereol for €32 each, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth