BULGARIA: Bunge fined after sunflower oil probe
US agribusiness Bunge is among the companies fined in Romania for allegedly fixing the price of sunflower oil.
Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition has issued combined fines worth BGN2m (US$1.4m) on Bunge and other local suppliers and distributors for fixing resale prices.
The watchdog claimed contracts between suppliers and distributors had restricted competition in the country's bottled oil market.
Bunge was fined over BGN720,000. Officials at Bunge could not be reached for immediate comment.
US agri giant Bunge has promoted deputy chairman Patrick Lupo to the role of chairman....
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- Kraft faces lawsuit over 'natural' claims