BULGARIA: Bunge fined after sunflower oil probe
US agribusiness Bunge is among the companies fined in Romania for allegedly fixing the price of sunflower oil.
Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition has issued combined fines worth BGN2m (US$1.4m) on Bunge and other local suppliers and distributors for fixing resale prices.
The watchdog claimed contracts between suppliers and distributors had restricted competition in the country's bottled oil market.
Bunge was fined over BGN720,000. Officials at Bunge could not be reached for immediate comment.
US agri giant Bunge has promoted deputy chairman Patrick Lupo to the role of chairman....
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus