BULGARIA: Bunge fined after sunflower oil probe
US agribusiness Bunge is among the companies fined in Romania for allegedly fixing the price of sunflower oil.
Bulgaria's Commission for Protection of Competition has issued combined fines worth BGN2m (US$1.4m) on Bunge and other local suppliers and distributors for fixing resale prices.
The watchdog claimed contracts between suppliers and distributors had restricted competition in the country's bottled oil market.
Bunge was fined over BGN720,000. Officials at Bunge could not be reached for immediate comment.
A leader in oils and fats, Bunge has focused on other packaged food categories such as sauces, dressings and condiments after acquiring Etti and Etti Salsaretti from Hypermarcas at the end of 2011. Wi...
US agri giant Bunge has promoted deputy chairman Patrick Lupo to the role of chairman....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Oils category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on distrib...
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Interview: How BRF plans growth in stagnant Europe
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- Pork Farms "disappointed" over Kerry deal ruling
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia