BRAZIL/US: Bunge names media exec to lead local unit
Agribusiness giant Bunge has appointed a Brazilian media executive to lead its business in the country.
Pedro Parente, a former deputy minister of finance in Brazil, will become president and CEO of Bunge Brazil on Monday (11 January).
The position is a new one for Bunge, which this week struck a deal to buy Brazilian sugar and ethanol producer Moema for $452m in stock.
"Pedro brings to Bunge a track record of success in the private and public sectors," said Bunge president and CEO Alberto Weisser. "His expertise and deep insight into both business operations and the public policies that shape them make him the right person to lead Bunge's Brazilian businesses, which have grown larger and more diverse in recent years."
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up