US: Bunge names Schroder CEO on Weisser retirement
Agri-giant Bunge has announced chief executive Alberto Weisser plans to retire at the beginning of June, to be replaced by the CEO of its North American arm Soren Schroder.
Weisser has worked at Bunge for nearly 14 years, having joined the group in 1993 as CFO. During his tenure he was responsible for overseeing the group's transition to a public company and expansion from a regional to global player.
"Alberto has guided Bunge through one of the most significant and successful eras in its nearly 200-year history," stated L. Patrick Lupo, deputy chairman and lead independent director. "We are fortunate to have a successor in Soren who can step into this role and ensure the business continues its strong momentum."
Schroder joined Bunge in 2000 after working at Continental Grain and Cargill.
A leader in oils and fats, Bunge has focused on other packaged food categories such as sauces, dressings and condiments after acquiring Etti and Etti Salsaretti from Hypermarcas at the end of 2011. Wi...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Oils category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on distrib...
US trader Bunge has reported lower half-year profits as it deals with the impact of last year's weather on harvests....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Solid Fats category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on d...
US agribusiness Bunge is among the companies fined in Bulgaria for allegedly fixing the price of sunflower oil....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Vegetable Oils in Thousand Metric Tons by the following Product Segments: Soybean, Olive, Canola, Sunflower & Safflower, Corn, Palm, Coconut, and Others....
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Dr Oetker to buy McCain North America pizza arm
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide