US: Bunge names Schroder CEO on Weisser retirement
Agri-giant Bunge has announced chief executive Alberto Weisser plans to retire at the beginning of June, to be replaced by the CEO of its North American arm Soren Schroder.
Weisser has worked at Bunge for nearly 14 years, having joined the group in 1993 as CFO. During his tenure he was responsible for overseeing the group's transition to a public company and expansion from a regional to global player.
"Alberto has guided Bunge through one of the most significant and successful eras in its nearly 200-year history," stated L. Patrick Lupo, deputy chairman and lead independent director. "We are fortunate to have a successor in Soren who can step into this role and ensure the business continues its strong momentum."
Schroder joined Bunge in 2000 after working at Continental Grain and Cargill.
A leader in oils and fats, Bunge has focused on other packaged food categories such as sauces, dressings and condiments after acquiring Etti and Etti Salsaretti from Hypermarcas at the end of 2011. Wi...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Oils category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on distrib...
US trader Bunge has reported lower half-year profits as it deals with the impact of last year's weather on harvests....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Solid Fats category in United States, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on d...
US agribusiness Bunge is among the companies fined in Bulgaria for allegedly fixing the price of sunflower oil....
Private-equity giant KKR has snapped up just under 10% of Indonesian food group Tiga Pilar Sejahtera Food....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report