USA: Bunge posts big rise in Q1 net profit
US agribusiness Bunge has said that its first-quarter net profit tripled from a year ago, as strong global sales offset weak demand in the US. Bunge said net earnings in the first quarter rose to US$40m, or 40 cents a share, from $13m, or 15 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Earnings were also boosted by the company's acquisition of French edible oil manufacturer Cereol, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Glanbia signs deal on Dairy Ireland stake sale
- Dole Food Co. files to go public again
- 2 Sisters' chief Boparan invests in UK's Crawshaw