USA: Bunge’s food products division reveals higher Q3 sales, profit
US food and agribusiness giant Bunge has reported a drop in quarterly profit, hit by weaknesses in its agribusiness unit. The White Plains, New York-based company posted earnings of US$89m, or 88 cents a share, for the third quarter to 30 September, compared with $95m, or 95 cents a share, a year earlier. Analysts had been expecting earnings of 76 cents a share, reported Reuters.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods