CANADA: Burcon files patent application for canola protein isolate as pet food ingredient
Vancouver-based R&D firm Burcon NutraScience Corporation has announced that it has submitted an application for a US patent on the use of canola protein isolate as a pet food and animal feed ingredient. "Proteins are the highest-value ingredient in pet food. It's a big market and canola meal has a long and successful history as an animal feed," said Johann Tergesen, President and COO of Burcon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning