USA: Burger King Corporation and UrbanCityFoods LLC reach agreement; Hawkins to sell restaurants to Burger King Corporation
Burger King Corporation and La-Van Hawkins UrbanCityFoods LLC announced yesterday that they have reached an agreement where all litigation and other disputes between the parties will be dismissed or resolved and La-Van Hawkins UrbanCityFoods will sell its 23 BURGER KING® restaurants in the Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Atlanta areas to Burger King Corporation. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Representatives of both companies said the transactions will be completed on a staggered schedule over the next several weeks allowing for a smooth transition with minimal disruption at the restaurant level.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target