USA: Burger King Corporation and UrbanCityFoods LLC reach agreement; Hawkins to sell restaurants to Burger King Corporation
Burger King Corporation and La-Van Hawkins UrbanCityFoods LLC announced yesterday that they have reached an agreement where all litigation and other disputes between the parties will be dismissed or resolved and La-Van Hawkins UrbanCityFoods will sell its 23 BURGER KING® restaurants in the Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Atlanta areas to Burger King Corporation. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Representatives of both companies said the transactions will be completed on a staggered schedule over the next several weeks allowing for a smooth transition with minimal disruption at the restaurant level.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target