USA: Burger King Corporation Plans an Orderly Transition of Distribution Services
"The Burger King system has already arranged for distribution services for the approximately 5,800 Burger King restaurants currently served by AmeriServe," said Tulin Tuzel, senior vice president of worldwide supply and research & development and chief technology officer. "We have agreed with AmeriServe to work through a smooth transition to new distributors over the next several months. We expect to complete the transition by July."
Burger King said that the Debtor-In-Possession financing it put in place to help AmeriServe meet its operating expenses following the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing on January 31, 2000, will remain in effect until August.
Burger King Corporation and its franchisees operate more than 10,850 restaurants in all 50 states and 57 countries and international territories around the world, with more than 92% of BURGER KING® restaurants owned and operated by independent franchisees. Since the company's founding in Miami in 1954, the BURGER KING® brand has become recognized for great flame-broiled taste and HAVE IT YOUR WAY® food customization. In fiscal year 1999, the BURGER KING® system has system-wide sales of $10.9 billion. Burger King Corporation is a part of Diageo (NYSE: DEO), the international food and drinks company, that includes such brands as Pillsbury, Haagen Dazs, and Guinness. To learn more about the BURGER KING® system, please visit the company's website at www.burgerking.com.
Companies: Burger King
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
US fast-food corporation Burger King is considering proposals to introduce a new 'value menu' in order to vie for position in this highly competitive sector....
Fastfood chain Burger King has named Peter Tan, formerly McDonalds president of greater China, as senior vice president and president, Asia Pacific....
US fastfood giant Burger King has announced the appointment of veteran marketer Robert Levite as vice president, field marketing North America....
US fastfood giant Burger King Corporation has announced its sixth consecutive quarter of positive comparative sales in the US....
Fastfood company Wendy's has announced that Tom Mueller has resigned as its president and chief operating officer....
US fastfood giant Burger King has said two of its franchised restaurants in the area hit by hurricane Katrina two weeks ago have reopened....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report