UK: Burger King executive ranks depleted
Following hard on the recent departure of CEO Dennis Malamatinas, Burger King must now cope with the announcement that its chief financial officer will be leaving at the end of the month. Colin Heggie has accepted the position of executive vice president and chief financial officer within Fitness Holdings Worldwide, after spending five years in the executive ranks of the world's second largest fastfood chain, owned by drinks behemoth Diageo of the UK. The company has had to appoint executive officers from its sister company Guinness to help weather the storm. New president Mikal Durham is now controlling BK's North American business, and Colin Storm is the interim CEO, although he made it clear that he intends to leave within a year. After Diageo revealed last month that sales have fallen over the last two years, Burger King is under much pressure to increase sales, and the high turnover in executive staff members has done little to improve relations with the 11,150 franchisees worldwide. In addition, a new permanent CEO must be appointed before Diageo's plans to split off 20% of the company by the end of 2001 can be executed. The public offering has led to speculation that the remaining 80% of Burger King will be floated by 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report