UK/USA: Burger King sale in danger of collapse
UK-based beverages group Diageo has warned that the terms of sale of its wholly-owned fastfood subsidiary Burger King are under review. Diageo agreed the sale of Burger King in July to a financial consortium of Texas Pacific Group, Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners. The deal was dependent on the fastfood restaurant chain's performance, but a slump in sales and aggressive pricing practices of Burger King's competitors has meant that the sale is now under threat of collapse.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea