USA: Burger King trading remains weak
Diageo , the UK food and drinks group, said on Thursday that trading at its Burger King fast food chain remains weak. The group warned that full-year operating profit for the hamburger chain was likely to be down year-on-year. "Trading at Burger King remains challenging and in January comparable restaurant sales were down approximately three percent, however February is slightly better...the full year reported operating profit is likely to be down year on year," Diageo finance director Nick Rose told a conference call to analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs