USA: Burger King trading remains weak
Diageo , the UK food and drinks group, said on Thursday that trading at its Burger King fast food chain remains weak. The group warned that full-year operating profit for the hamburger chain was likely to be down year-on-year. "Trading at Burger King remains challenging and in January comparable restaurant sales were down approximately three percent, however February is slightly better...the full year reported operating profit is likely to be down year on year," Diageo finance director Nick Rose told a conference call to analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO