USA: Burger King trading remains weak
Diageo , the UK food and drinks group, said on Thursday that trading at its Burger King fast food chain remains weak. The group warned that full-year operating profit for the hamburger chain was likely to be down year-on-year. "Trading at Burger King remains challenging and in January comparable restaurant sales were down approximately three percent, however February is slightly better...the full year reported operating profit is likely to be down year on year," Diageo finance director Nick Rose told a conference call to analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti