USA: Burger King trading remains weak
Diageo , the UK food and drinks group, said on Thursday that trading at its Burger King fast food chain remains weak. The group warned that full-year operating profit for the hamburger chain was likely to be down year-on-year. "Trading at Burger King remains challenging and in January comparable restaurant sales were down approximately three percent, however February is slightly better...the full year reported operating profit is likely to be down year on year," Diageo finance director Nick Rose told a conference call to analysts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill