UK: Burgers burn at Diageo
Food and drink giant Diageo looks set to report a 10% rise in pre-tax profits this week but trading figures for its fast food chain, Burger King, are expected to be weak. Forecasts show about a 3% profit growth, but like-for-like trading could be down by 2%. Burger King is expected to make an initial public offering of the first 20% of the business in the second half of the year, but is currently lacking a chief executive. Diageo's Pillsbury unit is expected to have traded well before its departure to General Mills.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea