UK: Burgers burn at Diageo
Food and drink giant Diageo looks set to report a 10% rise in pre-tax profits this week but trading figures for its fast food chain, Burger King, are expected to be weak. Forecasts show about a 3% profit growth, but like-for-like trading could be down by 2%. Burger King is expected to make an initial public offering of the first 20% of the business in the second half of the year, but is currently lacking a chief executive. Diageo's Pillsbury unit is expected to have traded well before its departure to General Mills.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth