AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Burns Philp increases the heat on Goodman
New Zealand ingredients maker Burns Philp has asked the Australian Takeovers Panel to intervene in a hostile takeover dispute with Australian food company Goodman Fielder. Burns Philp said it did not have sufficient information to determine whether Goodman had breached any of the conditions of the offer after Goodman revealed two previously undisclosed potential liabilities earlier this month. The liabilities related to a potential tax charge and a penalty for early repayment of US debt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival