AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Burns Philp increases the heat on Goodman
New Zealand ingredients maker Burns Philp has asked the Australian Takeovers Panel to intervene in a hostile takeover dispute with Australian food company Goodman Fielder. Burns Philp said it did not have sufficient information to determine whether Goodman had breached any of the conditions of the offer after Goodman revealed two previously undisclosed potential liabilities earlier this month. The liabilities related to a potential tax charge and a penalty for early repayment of US debt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant