AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND: Burns Philp increases the heat on Goodman
New Zealand ingredients maker Burns Philp has asked the Australian Takeovers Panel to intervene in a hostile takeover dispute with Australian food company Goodman Fielder. Burns Philp said it did not have sufficient information to determine whether Goodman had breached any of the conditions of the offer after Goodman revealed two previously undisclosed potential liabilities earlier this month. The liabilities related to a potential tax charge and a penalty for early repayment of US debt.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses