AUSTRALIA: Burns Philp posts Q3 profit
Yeast and spice-maker Burns Philp & Co, which recently acquired Australian food company Goodman Fielder, has posted a third-quarter profit compared to a year-earlier loss. The company said net profit for the quarter to 31 March was A$35.2m (US$22.7m), compared with a loss of $2.5m in the year-ago period, mainly due to a foreign exchange gain of $37.3m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1