AUSTRALIA: Burns Philp posts Q3 profit
Yeast and spice-maker Burns Philp & Co, which recently acquired Australian food company Goodman Fielder, has posted a third-quarter profit compared to a year-earlier loss. The company said net profit for the quarter to 31 March was A$35.2m (US$22.7m), compared with a loss of $2.5m in the year-ago period, mainly due to a foreign exchange gain of $37.3m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs