AUSTRALIA: Burns Philp posts Q3 profit
Yeast and spice-maker Burns Philp & Co, which recently acquired Australian food company Goodman Fielder, has posted a third-quarter profit compared to a year-earlier loss. The company said net profit for the quarter to 31 March was A$35.2m (US$22.7m), compared with a loss of $2.5m in the year-ago period, mainly due to a foreign exchange gain of $37.3m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid