JAPAN/US: Burrito buy to meet demand for wider range - House Foods
Japan's House Foods has said its acquisition of US soy food firm El Burrito Mexican Food Products will help it meet demand from its customers for it to provide a wider range of items.
Shinichi Hinotsu, vice president of sales and marketing at House Foods' US subsidiary, told just-food the company's retail customers had wanted the company to broaden its product range.
"There has been a high demand for us [to expand the range] as consumers want to have a one-stop shopping experience, and we are excited to provide more variety through this recent acquisition," Hinotsu said.
House Foods announced last week it had snapped up El Burrito for an undisclosed sum. It said El Burrito had "pioneered" the sale of soy products with "traditional Mexican flavour". The deal will see House Foods expand its portfolio to include soy lines like El Burrito's Soyrizo range.
Hinotsu said Soyrizo's recent sales had been "stable" but insisted it would remain a "core product" in the El Burrito portfolio. He said House Foods expected the deal to improve its profits in the US.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report