JAPAN/US: Burrito buy to meet demand for wider range - House Foods
Japan's House Foods has said its acquisition of US soy food firm El Burrito Mexican Food Products will help it meet demand from its customers for it to provide a wider range of items.
Shinichi Hinotsu, vice president of sales and marketing at House Foods' US subsidiary, told just-food the company's retail customers had wanted the company to broaden its product range.
"There has been a high demand for us [to expand the range] as consumers want to have a one-stop shopping experience, and we are excited to provide more variety through this recent acquisition," Hinotsu said.
House Foods announced last week it had snapped up El Burrito for an undisclosed sum. It said El Burrito had "pioneered" the sale of soy products with "traditional Mexican flavour". The deal will see House Foods expand its portfolio to include soy lines like El Burrito's Soyrizo range.
Hinotsu said Soyrizo's recent sales had been "stable" but insisted it would remain a "core product" in the El Burrito portfolio. He said House Foods expected the deal to improve its profits in the US.
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015