UK: Burton's adds Wispa to Cadbury biscuit line-up
Burton's Biscuit Co. has expanded its range of Cadbury biscuits, produced under licecse from Mondelez International, with the addition of a Wispa line.
"Wispa biscuits have started shipping as we speak," chief marketing officer Stuart Wilson told just-food today (14 July).
The new range will join the other Cadbury biscuit products manufactured by Burton's, such as Dairy Milk, Crunchie and Caramel. The launch will be supported by a GBP250,000 (US$426,900) marketing push.
Wilson said the launch is part of Burton's drive to expand sales of its core brands. "Cadbury is a very significant brand that is very important but actually we have seen a lot of activity on all our brands," he said.
"Maryland has seen double digit growth, I would anticipate seeing more news coming out of there. Wagon Wheels... Jammie Dodgers... we will be proactive across all of those brands."
Mondelez International, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Mondelez International, Inc. (Mondelez) formerly, Kraft Foods Inc. is a food and beverage company. It manufactures and markets a range of snacks, confectionery, and quick meal products....
2013 saw Mondelez International Inc complete its first full year as a separate company after its split from Kraft Foods Inc and remains the second largest packaged food company globally. With a stream...
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Flapjacked looks to ride protein wave
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Sainsbury's launches kids frozen meal range