UK: Burton's adds Wispa to Cadbury biscuit line-up
"Wispa biscuits have started shipping as we speak," chief marketing officer Stuart Wilson told just-food today (14 July).
The new range will join the other Cadbury biscuit products manufactured by Burton's, such as Dairy Milk, Crunchie and Caramel. The launch will be supported by a GBP250,000 (US$426,900) marketing push.
Wilson said the launch is part of Burton's drive to expand sales of its core brands. "Cadbury is a very significant brand that is very important but actually we have seen a lot of activity on all our brands," he said.
"Maryland has seen double digit growth, I would anticipate seeing more news coming out of there. Wagon Wheels... Jammie Dodgers... we will be proactive across all of those brands."
2014 was a challenging but significant year for Mondelez. The company remains strong across a broad range of regions, unlike other confectionery and snacks manufacturers. The company has also made sig...
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- Why trust is key in US natural food sector
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- CP Group invests in Russian dairy production