UK: Burton's invests in facility upgrade
Burton's upgrades Wagon Wheels production facility
Burton's Biscuit Co. is investing GBP4.6m (US$7.1m) this year in upgrading production at the group's manufacturing facility in Llantarnam.
The UK company is piloting "cutting-edge" technology at the facility, including a control room that monitors the baking process in real time.
The investment will ensure the viability of the site and secure the 800 jobs at the facility, Burton's said. The factory manufactures various products, including Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers and Waggon Wheels.
The investment is part of Burton's GBP13.5m plan to upgrading its production facilities to boost efficiency and provide additional capacity.
Burton's private-equity owners, Apollo Global Management and CIBC, have hired advisers from Credit Suisse to help them look at their options for a business they acquired in 2009.
For our Deal or no deal analysis about the companies that could be interested in buying Burton's should it end up for sale, click here.
For more on Burton's growth strategy, click here to read just-food's interview with CMO Stuart Wilson.
India presents significant potential to overseas FMCG firms - and some, like PepsiCo, Cadbury and United Biscuits have built big businesses in the market. However, India has its own domestic titans wh...
Kraft Foods aims to consolidate its leading positioning within confectionary by introducing novelties to consumers and making strong investment in advertising campaigns. Although Trident and Halls are...
After changing ownership several times over the review period, Kandia Dulce has returned to Julius Meinl, which controlled the company in 2007 and sold it to Cadbury. Kandia Dulce benefits from the in...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- Yildiz prepares to list dairy arm AK Gida
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits