UK: Burton's invests in facility upgrade
Burton's upgrades Wagon Wheels production facility
Burton's Biscuit Co. is investing GBP4.6m (US$7.1m) this year in upgrading production at the group's manufacturing facility in Llantarnam.
The UK company is piloting "cutting-edge" technology at the facility, including a control room that monitors the baking process in real time.
The investment will ensure the viability of the site and secure the 800 jobs at the facility, Burton's said. The factory manufactures various products, including Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers and Waggon Wheels.
The investment is part of Burton's GBP13.5m plan to upgrading its production facilities to boost efficiency and provide additional capacity.
Burton's private-equity owners, Apollo Global Management and CIBC, have hired advisers from Credit Suisse to help them look at their options for a business they acquired in 2009.
For our Deal or no deal analysis about the companies that could be interested in buying Burton's should it end up for sale, click here.
For more on Burton's growth strategy, click here to read just-food's interview with CMO Stuart Wilson.
India presents significant potential to overseas FMCG firms - and some, like PepsiCo, Cadbury and United Biscuits have built big businesses in the market. However, India has its own domestic titans wh...
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- JBS "seeking M&A" in Americas, Australia
- General Mills launches Greek yoghurt in Australia
- Dairy Crest earnings fall
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details