UK: Burton's invests in facility upgrade
Burton's upgrades Wagon Wheels production facility
Burton's Biscuit Co. is investing GBP4.6m (US$7.1m) this year in upgrading production at the group's manufacturing facility in Llantarnam.
The UK company is piloting "cutting-edge" technology at the facility, including a control room that monitors the baking process in real time.
The investment will ensure the viability of the site and secure the 800 jobs at the facility, Burton's said. The factory manufactures various products, including Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers and Waggon Wheels.
The investment is part of Burton's GBP13.5m plan to upgrading its production facilities to boost efficiency and provide additional capacity.
Burton's private-equity owners, Apollo Global Management and CIBC, have hired advisers from Credit Suisse to help them look at their options for a business they acquired in 2009.
For our Deal or no deal analysis about the companies that could be interested in buying Burton's should it end up for sale, click here.
For more on Burton's growth strategy, click here to read just-food's interview with CMO Stuart Wilson.
India presents significant potential to overseas FMCG firms - and some, like PepsiCo, Cadbury and United Biscuits have built big businesses in the market. However, India has its own domestic titans wh...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities