UK: Burton's invests in facility upgrade
Burton's upgrades Wagon Wheels production facility
Burton's Biscuit Co. is investing GBP4.6m (US$7.1m) this year in upgrading production at the group's manufacturing facility in Llantarnam.
The UK company is piloting "cutting-edge" technology at the facility, including a control room that monitors the baking process in real time.
The investment will ensure the viability of the site and secure the 800 jobs at the facility, Burton's said. The factory manufactures various products, including Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers and Waggon Wheels.
The investment is part of Burton's GBP13.5m plan to upgrading its production facilities to boost efficiency and provide additional capacity.
Burton's private-equity owners, Apollo Global Management and CIBC, have hired advisers from Credit Suisse to help them look at their options for a business they acquired in 2009.
For our Deal or no deal analysis about the companies that could be interested in buying Burton's should it end up for sale, click here.
For more on Burton's growth strategy, click here to read just-food's interview with CMO Stuart Wilson.
India presents significant potential to overseas FMCG firms - and some, like PepsiCo, Cadbury and United Biscuits have built big businesses in the market. However, India has its own domestic titans wh...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis