UK: Burton's invests in supply chain to drive growth
Burton's continues supply chain investment drive
UK biscuit manufacturer Burton's Biscuit Company has announced a GBP14.75m (US$24.76m) investment in its manufacturing operation to "support business growth".
The manufacturer of Wagon Wheels and Jammie Dodgers said that the incestment would see improvements at its manufacturing sites in Llantarnam, Blackpool, and Edinburgh, as well as its chocolate refinery in Moreton. Burton's is bringing in new technology to "guarantee quality" and "maximise output", the company said.
The group will also be ramping up production of new products, Burton's added. The company recently rolled out savoury lines including Cathedral City Baked Bites and Fish ‘n' Chips.
Last year, Burton's invested GBP13.75m in its supply chain and in 2012 the group invested GBP12.5m.
"This third year of significant investment is reflective of the company's ambitions for growth through innovative new products and formats, which will be rolled out to new and growing markets through pioneering technology and enhanced manufacturing capabilities," the company said in a statement.
Other initiatives include investment in new packaging capabilities to meet the growing demand for snacks on the go such as portion packs.
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019