UK: Burton's looks to grow Jammie Dodgers with licensing deals
Burton's looks to extend Jammy Dodgers outside biscuit aisle
Burton's Biscuit Co. has confirmed it is actively seeking licensing partners in a bid to further grow its Jammie Dodgers brand.
The company has engaged Start Licensing to identify potential tie-up opportunities for Jammie Dodgers, a spokesperson for the group confirmed today (21 October).
The group is seeking to expand the biscuit brand, which accounts for around 20% of the kids biscuit category, into new product areas. The company is reportedly looking at potentially moving into desserts, ice cream and bakery.
"We can confirm that we are looking to license the Jammie Dodgers brand to develop products under a focussed licensing programme. Children and adults alike have enjoyed the iconic Jammie Dodgers for many years and we think the time is right to bring Jammie Dodgers' unique sense of fun to new product areas," Stuart Wilson, chief marketing officer, said.
The company has targeted an increase in revenues from its so-called "power brands", which include Jammie Dodgers as well as Wagon Wheels and Cadbury, which is produced under licence from Mondelez International.
Burton's has "no current plans" to "extend this approach" to the rest of its branded portfolio, the spokesperson said.
Burton's Biscuits was put on the block by its private equity owners Apollo Management and CIBC in September with an asking price in the region of GBP350m. The company's management - who hold a small minority stake in the firm - have indicated a desire to remain involved in the biscuit maker. Management is focused on pushing ahead with the group's turnaround plan, which has seen it exit unprofitable supply contracts and focus on its branded offering, while also investing in its production capabilities.
Last month, the group booked a near-50% increase in full-year profit before tax.
Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been com...
Cadbury Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
Olive oil giant Deoleo this week announced its board had backed a takeover bid from private-equity giant CVC Capital Partners. Elsewhere, Mondelez International announced plans for another plant in Ru...
Mondelez International was created in October 2012 as Kraft Foods Inc has restructured its operations into two independently listed entities. Mondelez is home to the international snack food portfolio...
"The Future of the Prepared Meals Market in Israel to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company re...
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Infographic: Snapshot of Japan's food sector
- On the money: Solid Lindt outpaces chocolate peers
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Russian government eases ban on food imports
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Profits up at chocolate group Lindt
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz
- New Strategies for offering Convenience in Food - targeting new occasions, best practice and new solutions
- David Chapman's Ice Cream Ltd in Packaged Food (Canada)
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: Merger and Acquisitions May 2014
- Colombia - ISA Country Report
- Food Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide