UK: Burton's zones in on engineering strategy
Burton's Biscuit Co. has established a dedicated team to focus on its engineering strategy in order to support growth at home and overseas.
The team will be led by newly appointed engineering development manager Derek Harris.
"The team will be focused on proactive maintenance of the innovative technology at the company, as well as developing standardised proactive processes and practices," a spokesperson for the group revealed.
The company, which produces brands including Wagon Wheels, Maryland Cookies and Jammie Dodgers, has stepped up its investment in manufacturing operations. The group said it will invest GBP1m (US$1.7m) in the next four years to develop its engineering capabilities.
- M&A Watch: Raisio should sell to private equity
- Briefing: Tokyo plans to double food exports
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- Briefing: Expansion agenda of Japan's food majors
- Spotlight: What could be impact of Russia's ban?
- Campbell Soup's Plum division to pull out of UK
- Kerry cools claim spreads move could hit jobs
- Pork Farms buys Kerry Group's pastry plants
- UPDATE: Cutrale, Safra slam Chiquita rejection
- Japan's Sanyo takes stake in Olam's food biz