UK: Burton's zones in on engineering strategy
Burton's Biscuit Co. has established a dedicated team to focus on its engineering strategy in order to support growth at home and overseas.
The team will be led by newly appointed engineering development manager Derek Harris.
"The team will be focused on proactive maintenance of the innovative technology at the company, as well as developing standardised proactive processes and practices," a spokesperson for the group revealed.
The company, which produces brands including Wagon Wheels, Maryland Cookies and Jammie Dodgers, has stepped up its investment in manufacturing operations. The group said it will invest GBP1m (US$1.7m) in the next four years to develop its engineering capabilities.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report