UK: Burton's zones in on engineering strategy
Burton's Biscuit Co. has established a dedicated team to focus on its engineering strategy in order to support growth at home and overseas.
The team will be led by newly appointed engineering development manager Derek Harris.
"The team will be focused on proactive maintenance of the innovative technology at the company, as well as developing standardised proactive processes and practices," a spokesperson for the group revealed.
The company, which produces brands including Wagon Wheels, Maryland Cookies and Jammie Dodgers, has stepped up its investment in manufacturing operations. The group said it will invest GBP1m (US$1.7m) in the next four years to develop its engineering capabilities.
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Foodservice focus: McDonald's/Five Guys/Starbucks
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Private-equity firm HKW acquires Panos Brands
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK