UK: Burton's zones in on engineering strategy
Burton's Biscuit Co. has established a dedicated team to focus on its engineering strategy in order to support growth at home and overseas.
The team will be led by newly appointed engineering development manager Derek Harris.
"The team will be focused on proactive maintenance of the innovative technology at the company, as well as developing standardised proactive processes and practices," a spokesperson for the group revealed.
The company, which produces brands including Wagon Wheels, Maryland Cookies and Jammie Dodgers, has stepped up its investment in manufacturing operations. The group said it will invest GBP1m (US$1.7m) in the next four years to develop its engineering capabilities.
- Why Mars rice plan not just crop-ticking exercise
- ConAgra Foods: what could happen next? - analysis
- Greencore's food-to-go focus paying dividends
- Interview: Ritter sees growth potential in US, EU
- How Danone aims to meet its 2020 objectives
- Pinnacle to buy Boulder Brands in $975m deal
- Aryzta regional CEO steps down
- Maple Leaf Foods to cut over 400 jobs
- Hovis plans cuts amid anxiety over UK bread demand
- Nestle combats Thai seafood supply forced labour