UK: Burton's zones in on engineering strategy
Burton's Biscuit Co. has established a dedicated team to focus on its engineering strategy in order to support growth at home and overseas.
The team will be led by newly appointed engineering development manager Derek Harris.
"The team will be focused on proactive maintenance of the innovative technology at the company, as well as developing standardised proactive processes and practices," a spokesperson for the group revealed.
The company, which produces brands including Wagon Wheels, Maryland Cookies and Jammie Dodgers, has stepped up its investment in manufacturing operations. The group said it will invest GBP1m (US$1.7m) in the next four years to develop its engineering capabilities.
- What Grexit could mean for the food industry
- just-food's pick: Top trends at Fancy Food Show
- Focus: ConAgra own-label exit plan is about growth
- Focus: Can General Mills improve US retail sales?
- IRI – The opportunity of range optimisation
- Hovis "mulls Irish Pride Bakeries takeover"
- JBS acquires Cargill's US pork unit
- North Castle acquires stake in Sprout
- ABF's Kingsmill returns to Tesco
- US performance weighs on General Mills