USA: Bush calls for more exercise, fruit to combat obesity
President George W Bush has launched a national campaign, HealthierUS Initiative, to encourage US consumers to increase and improve their physical activity as part of achieving a better and longer life. He also called on the public to eat at least five servings a day of fruits and vegetables a day as part of making healthy food choices, and specifically called for enhancing the "National 5 A Day for Better Health Programme" with a more coordinated effort between the USDA, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Cancer Institute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund