USA: Bush calls for more exercise, fruit to combat obesity
President George W Bush has launched a national campaign, HealthierUS Initiative, to encourage US consumers to increase and improve their physical activity as part of achieving a better and longer life. He also called on the public to eat at least five servings a day of fruits and vegetables a day as part of making healthy food choices, and specifically called for enhancing the "National 5 A Day for Better Health Programme" with a more coordinated effort between the USDA, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Cancer Institute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth