CHINA: Business as usual at Carrefour
French retail giant Carrefour has denied reports in the Chinese media that it has been ordered to close down its Beijing stores for failing to re-register its business. Carrefour should have registered its business in China with the State Economic and Trade Commission, in accordance with a direction last November to foreign retailers, but a Carrefour spokesman said it had not received any direction from the regulatory authority on this matter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife