CHINA: Business as usual at Carrefour
French retail giant Carrefour has denied reports in the Chinese media that it has been ordered to close down its Beijing stores for failing to re-register its business.
Carrefour should have registered its business in China with the State Economic and Trade Commission, in accordance with a direction last November to foreign retailers, but a Carrefour spokesman said it had not received any direction from the regulatory authority on this matter.
Retailers are expanding ever further, and food manufacturers are becoming more and more multinational. Expansion can bring increased profits, not just through higher sales but also more efficient sour...
Buying power is often used by supermarkets to negotiate with their suppliers to get lower prices. These savings can then be passed onto the consumer in terms of price cuts and promotions. But do consu...
French retail giant Carrefour has denied newspaper claims that it has been holding talks with US titan Wal-Mart....
Carrefour of France is the top foreign retailer in China, measured by sales during the first half of the year, according to a Chinese Ministry of Commerce survey quoted by the Dow Jones news agency....
A judge in Buenos Aires province has imposed an embargo of more than 150m pesos (US$52.4m) on French retailer Carrefour in favour of provincial tax authorities, according to the Dow Jones news agency....
French based supermarket chain Carrefour has announced a rise in sales of 4.1% to €20.4m in the second quarter of 2005....
French supermarket chain plans to buy French low-cost supermarket Penny Market from Germany's Rewe, while selling catering supplies group Prodirest to transGourmet, a joint venture between Rewe and S...
French supermarket Carrefour has acquires 10 hypermarkets in the Sao Paulo area from Sonae, it said today (Thursday)....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report