UPDATE: US: "Business-as-usual", claims ailing US baker Hostess
Hostess Brands says sites will continue to operate
Foundering US snack producer Hostess Brands today (11 January) announced it would continue to operate, despite filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Hostess today applied for Chapter 11 at the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, citing more than US$1bn in debts to creditors and $21m to employees.
The Twinkies and Wonderbread maker says it will continue operating its bakeries, outlet stores and distribution centres despite the move.
"Hostess has some of our industry's most powerful and resilient brands," said president and chief executive officer Brian Driscoll. "With generations of loyal consumers, numerous iconic products and a talented and experienced workforce, Hostess Brands has tremendous inherent strengths to build upon."
The company has about 19,000 full-time and part-time employees, including 10,413 hourly workers and 8,436 salaried workers.
US baker Hostess Brands, which filed for Chapter 11 protection earlier this year, has said it is still eyeing an exit from bankruptcy despite warning employees jobs could go if the company is sold or ...
Brian Driscoll, the former CEO of US baker Hostess Brands, which is in bankruptcy protection, has joined Diamond Foods as its chief executive....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis