USA: Buyers struggle to close Burger King sale
The consortium of private equity firms buying Diageo's Burger King is struggling to close the US$2.26bn deal. A consortium led by Texas Pacific Group agreed to buy Burger King in July. However, the New York Times reports that the lenders backing the buyout, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Citigroup's Salomon Smith Barney, have postponed bank meetings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods