EU: Byrne welcomes agreement on safety of food supplements
Commissioner David Byrne today [Thursday] welcomed the European Parliament's position on the proposed Directive on Food Supplements. The European Parliament today voted in favour of the legislative text adopted by the Council of Ministers as its Common Position, thus clearing the way for the final adoption of the new EU-wide rules. They will harmonise the substantially diverging national rules on the sale of food supplements in the form of pills and capsules, introducing common safety rules for food supplements that contain vitamins and minerals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods