EU: Byrne welcomes agreement on safety of food supplements
Commissioner David Byrne today [Thursday] welcomed the European Parliament's position on the proposed Directive on Food Supplements. The European Parliament today voted in favour of the legislative text adopted by the Council of Ministers as its Common Position, thus clearing the way for the final adoption of the new EU-wide rules. They will harmonise the substantially diverging national rules on the sale of food supplements in the form of pills and capsules, introducing common safety rules for food supplements that contain vitamins and minerals.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever