EU: Byrne welcomes European Parliament backing of proposals to combat food-borne diseases
The EU Commissioner for Health and Consumer Affairs, David Byrne, has welcomed that the European Parliament (EP) gave its broad support to two legislative proposals designed to cut the incidence of food-borne diseases. The proposals, adopted by the Commission in August of last year, provide for a thorough revision of current EU legislation and are designed to improve measures to protect against "zoonoses" those diseases transmissible between animals and humans.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action