UK/USA: Cadbury chews takeover offer for US gum giant
UK confectionery and soft drinks giant Cadbury Schweppes is preparing a bid for US gum group Adams. If accepted, the takeover offer, which is reported to be worth US$2bn, could see Cadbury add brands such as Trident and Dentyne chewing gums, and Clorets and Halls Mentho-Lyptus cough sweets to its portfolio.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund