UK: Cadbury cools Hershey deal talk
"We are very much focused on organic growth, and this has two arms: leveraging gum in developed markets and growth in emerging markets, where we have a leading position," a spokesperson for Cadbury told just-food.
"Obviously there are opportunities for bolt-on acquisitions to speed this process," the spokesperson added.
Cadbury has a EUR316m (US$496m) war-chest that will be used to further its strategy of targeted acquisitions in emerging markets over the next 15 months.
According to Cadbury's spokesperson, the 2002 acquisition of Adams was "transformational" as it gave the company a "total confectionery offering".
Rather than considering any large deals to give it more clout in the US, Cadbury is focusing on developing its gum offering.
As the economic downturn bites, the importance for food manufacturers investing in reducing their impact on the environment and embracing the sustainability agenda is, in some quarters, being called i...
US confectionery giant Hershey has introduced a number of additions to its product range for the Christmas period....
UK food manufacturer Premier Foods has appointed former Kraft executive Stuart Wilson as director of ambient - sweet....
News that the UK food industry has cut emissions by 17% caught the attention of our readers this week....
UK confectionery group Cadbury is planning to launch a marketing drive across its key brands this spring....
Cadbury is voluntarily recalling it's a batch of its Boost Totally Nuts 60 gram bars over fears that the products could contain pieces of plastic....
US confectionery giant Hershey has appointed Terence O'Day as senior vice president, global operations, with effect from 1 December....
Nestle UK has declined to comment on reports it is to withdraw its Heaven brand from the convenience sector....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp