UK/USA: Cadbury, Hershey could be target of obesity lawsuits
UK soft drinks and confectionery firm Cadbury Schweppes is the European food company that is most at risk from lawsuits claiming its products contribute to obesity, according to a research report by JP Morgan. The company, which makes Dairy Milk chocolate and Dr Pepper, is beaten only by US confectionery company Hershey in a league table of food producers most at risk from obesity lawsuits, reported the Independent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe