MALAYSIA: Cadbury pig DNA find a false alarm
Cadbury products free from pig DNA
The statement follows claims last week from Malaysia's Department of Health that Cadbury Dairy Milk Hazelnut and Dairy Milk Roast Almond chocolate bars tested positive for pig DNA, breaching their halal certification.
Jakim said today (2 June) that fresh tests on 11 samples taken from Cadbury's factory showed no traces of pork.
The department, which had suspended Cadbury's halal certification in the wake of last week's allegations, added that it will review this decision after the completion of factory visits and further tests.
Cadbury Malaysia, a unit of US food group Mondelez, was unavailable for comment at time of press.
The consumption of pork is forbidden under the Islamic faith and Muslim groups had called for a national boycott of Cadbury products in response to the Ministry of Health's findings.
In addition, Indonesia revealed that it has begun testing Cadbury products, while local reports suggested that the authorities in Saudi Arabia have pulled Cadbury products from shelves pending further testing.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Dairy, Milk and Cheese Product Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311500 Vital industry-specific data including metr...
2014 witnessed Cadbury Pakistan Ltd invest heavily in marketing and new product launches. Cadbury re-launched Perk, repackaged its flagship brand Cadbury Dairy Milk and launched Dairy Milk Bubbly. The...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during January 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into th...
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Briefing: How is gluten-free faring in Europe?
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Lactalis surpasses Danone on dairy league table
- Mondelez Mexico investment to hit 600 US jobs