MALAYSIA: Cadbury pig DNA find a false alarm
Cadbury products free from pig DNA
The statement follows claims last week from Malaysia's Department of Health that Cadbury Dairy Milk Hazelnut and Dairy Milk Roast Almond chocolate bars tested positive for pig DNA, breaching their halal certification.
Jakim said today (2 June) that fresh tests on 11 samples taken from Cadbury's factory showed no traces of pork.
The department, which had suspended Cadbury's halal certification in the wake of last week's allegations, added that it will review this decision after the completion of factory visits and further tests.
Cadbury Malaysia, a unit of US food group Mondelez, was unavailable for comment at time of press.
The consumption of pork is forbidden under the Islamic faith and Muslim groups had called for a national boycott of Cadbury products in response to the Ministry of Health's findings.
In addition, Indonesia revealed that it has begun testing Cadbury products, while local reports suggested that the authorities in Saudi Arabia have pulled Cadbury products from shelves pending further testing.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Dairy, Milk and Cheese Product Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311500 Vital industry-specific data including metr...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during January 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into th...
The 2% current value increase expected for drinking milk products in 2013 was higher than in 2012, when the category posted a 1% increase. Moderate price increases, coupled with higher demand for flav...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Greencore expands UK, US sales
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits