UK: Cadbury rises on takeover speculation
Shares in Cadbury Schweppes were up 1.79% at time of press, driven by renewed speculation that the world's largest confectionery group could be facing a takeover bid.
Shares were also driven up today (26 January) by the suggestion that Cadbury could be considering a spin-off of part of its business, possible its US drinks division.
Cadbury stock had risen to GBP5.70 (US$11.16) at 3pm today (GMT), having reached an earlier high of GBP5.74.
Cadbury refused to be drawn on the issue: "Our policy is not to comment on market speculation," a spokesperson told just-food.
Cadbury Schweppes’ announcement that it plans to separate its confectionery and Americas Beverages businesses has been roundly cheered by investors, with share value rising as the market salivates ove...
US confectionery group Hershey has recorded a sharp drop in net income for the first half of the year from US$220.4m to $97m due to costs from its global supply chain revamp....
Cadbury Schweppes has successfully completed its tender offer for the Japanese functional candy company Sansei. Cadbury announced its move for Sansei, which sells sugar-free functional candy in Japan ...
Coffee retailing giant Starbucks has entered into a tie-up with US confectionery group Hershey that will see the creation and distribution of Starbucks-branded premium chocolate in the US....
Nestlé has dismissed reports of merger talks with food and beverage giant PepsiCo as "speculation". Nestlé, the world's largest food company, was reacting this morning (19 July) after a report in the ...
Kraft Foods has spent US$12m increasing the capacity of its chocolate manufacturing facility in Russia to build on growing sales in the country....
Eleven of the biggest food and beverage companies in the US have pledged to adopt fresh rules on advertising to children under the age of 12....
The production of ethanol from corn has had minimal, if any, impact on consumer food prices, a study in the US has claimed....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review