UK: Cadbury Schweppes acquires Argentine confectionery brand for $22.6 million
Cadbury Schweppes plc announces today the acquisition of the confectionery brand, Mantecol, in Argentina, for $22.6 million (15.4 million pounds sterling) from the Argentine company Georgalos Hnos SAICA. The acquisition also includes associated equipment and technical expertise. This acquisition strengthens the portfolio of Cadbury Stani, Cadbury Schweppes' existing business in Argentina, giving it three of the top ten selling Argentine confectionery brands - Beldent chewing gum, No 1, Mantecol, No 6 and Bazooka bubble gum, No 7.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast