UK: Cadbury Schweppes acquires Argentine confectionery brand for $22.6 million
Cadbury Schweppes plc announces today the acquisition of the confectionery brand, Mantecol, in Argentina, for $22.6 million (15.4 million pounds sterling) from the Argentine company Georgalos Hnos SAICA. The acquisition also includes associated equipment and technical expertise. This acquisition strengthens the portfolio of Cadbury Stani, Cadbury Schweppes' existing business in Argentina, giving it three of the top ten selling Argentine confectionery brands - Beldent chewing gum, No 1, Mantecol, No 6 and Bazooka bubble gum, No 7.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO