UK/DENMARK: Cadbury Schweppes acquires Dandy’s chewing gum brands
Cadbury Schweppes plc announced today that it has acquired 100% of the branded chewing gum business of Dandy from the Bagger-Sørensen family in Denmark for £201m (US$307.9m). Dandy is the fourth largest chewing gum manufacturer in the world. Combined with Cadbury Schweppes' existing chewing gum businesses, this acquisition makes Cadbury Schweppes the second largest player in the European chewing gum market, with No 1 positions in France, Denmark, Belgium and Switzerland and No 2 positions in Russia, Sweden, and the Netherlands. Cadbury Schweppes also has leading positions in several other markets, most notably Turkey, Argentina and China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin