UK/FRANCE: Cadbury Schweppes and Pernod Ricard near agreement on the acquisition of Pernod Ricard's soft drinks brands and businesses in key international markets for € 700 million (£419 million)
Cadbury Schweppes plc and Pernod Ricard SA today confirmed that they are near to agreement on the acquisition of Pernod Ricard's soft drinks brands and businesses in Continental Europe, North America and Australia for € 700 million (£419 million). The proposed transaction, which primarily embraces the Orangina, Pampryl, Champomy and Yoo-Hoo brands and associated businesses, would be conditional upon regulatory approval being obtained and would be signed once the process of consultation with the Orangina-Pampryl Works Council, beginning today, has been completed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast