USA: Cadbury Schweppes completes acquisition of Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture in Australia
Cadbury Schweppes plc confirmed on Friday, the completion of the acquisition by its Australian subsidiary, Schweppes Cottee's, of 100% of the Australian business operations of the Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture, Pepsi Cola Bottlers Australia. The value of the net assets was AUD102m as at the last balance sheet date (31 August 1999). The consideration was not disclosed.This acquisition makes Cadbury Schweppes the exclusive bottler for Pepsi Cola Inc. brands in Australia including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 7 UP and Mountain Dew, and includes four bottling plants. These brands will be combined with Cadbury Schweppes' flavoured brands such as Schweppes, Solo, Sunkist, Dr Pepper and Oasis.Retail sales of carbonated soft drinks in Australia are valued at approximately AUD4.5 billion (about 1.8 billion pounds sterling). This transaction is expected to increase Schweppes Cottee's volume of carbonated soft drinks by over 60%, growing its share from around 15% to 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review