USA: Cadbury Schweppes completes acquisition of Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture in Australia
Cadbury Schweppes plc confirmed on Friday, the completion of the acquisition by its Australian subsidiary, Schweppes Cottee's, of 100% of the Australian business operations of the Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture, Pepsi Cola Bottlers Australia. The value of the net assets was AUD102m as at the last balance sheet date (31 August 1999). The consideration was not disclosed.This acquisition makes Cadbury Schweppes the exclusive bottler for Pepsi Cola Inc. brands in Australia including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 7 UP and Mountain Dew, and includes four bottling plants. These brands will be combined with Cadbury Schweppes' flavoured brands such as Schweppes, Solo, Sunkist, Dr Pepper and Oasis.Retail sales of carbonated soft drinks in Australia are valued at approximately AUD4.5 billion (about 1.8 billion pounds sterling). This transaction is expected to increase Schweppes Cottee's volume of carbonated soft drinks by over 60%, growing its share from around 15% to 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action