USA: Cadbury Schweppes completes acquisition of Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture in Australia
Cadbury Schweppes plc confirmed on Friday, the completion of the acquisition by its Australian subsidiary, Schweppes Cottee's, of 100% of the Australian business operations of the Pepsi Lion Nathan joint venture, Pepsi Cola Bottlers Australia. The value of the net assets was AUD102m as at the last balance sheet date (31 August 1999). The consideration was not disclosed.This acquisition makes Cadbury Schweppes the exclusive bottler for Pepsi Cola Inc. brands in Australia including Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, 7 UP and Mountain Dew, and includes four bottling plants. These brands will be combined with Cadbury Schweppes' flavoured brands such as Schweppes, Solo, Sunkist, Dr Pepper and Oasis.Retail sales of carbonated soft drinks in Australia are valued at approximately AUD4.5 billion (about 1.8 billion pounds sterling). This transaction is expected to increase Schweppes Cottee's volume of carbonated soft drinks by over 60%, growing its share from around 15% to 25%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report